12/24/09

A Broken Spirit's Letter to His Creator

Dear God,

There was a day when i can say that I will be alright, but im not alright today. There was a time when i could find myself very near to you, but now You seem so far from me. I walked out the door of your prescence and entered a stone cold harsh world that promised me that ill be ok. I remembered that I left you waiting for me to come home.

Back then i can find a million excuses, but now I cant speak of any. I know that I have been away, away from the voice that has been calling me and i know that its time to come back.

Now there is no solid ground where my soul can rest, I can't find any truth in all that is happening. It seems that my life is only goin' around and around. My spirit is drowing in lies and phoniness, like waters that closing in and washing on me. Drifting me down and sinking my thoughts on a stormy wheathered sea with a vision of a light up there which I am having a hard time to see and hearing Your voice that calls my name. That is maybe the perfect way to describe the situation of my emotions and spirit.

I want you to put your arms around this life of mine even for a while because I am trying to find a way to deal with this, and i dont know how. I cannot stop the pain and i do not understand the things that i should do. Nothing really seems the same and my world is falling down, oh Lord how can i get through.

Now, I can see myself on thousands of people I encounter either personally or on electronic media. People like me who are alone, lost and left behind. Now I am somehow ashamed that my life is torn apart, but I know in Your name I can once again be complete. Although "holy" men may condemn me I know forgiveness can mend this broken heart of mine.

When I was nowhere, you knew where that was. I never lost my way, and I knew you were the cause. When I was no one, and felt that I will end it right there, you stood behind me. I really never knew that you've cared despite my imperfection.

I come to your arms from where I was in, this time in the spirit of brokeness. You were crucified and was committed to die, Your'e my pride.

You. A being who is specialized if "comebacks," over time made me see that even though I may not be perfect You will never give up on me. Your Love is for my everyday, and I know that your Love is here to stay with me.

Your Love now covers as your river flows all over me again.

Love,

Your Son

1 comment:

My photo
Professor of "The Humanities" at the Lyceum of the Philippines University. Law Student at the Far Eastern University, Institute of Law. President and former Auditor of Legal Network for Truthful Elections (UST Chapter) Former Vice President- Internal of Batas Tomasino: The UST Law Society, Former Chairperson of UST-Students' Democratic Party. Former Vice President- Internal of UST UNESCO. Former Public Relations Officer (PRO) of UST Arts and Letters Student Council. Former Vice President Internal of Community Achievers' Association (UST-AB). Bachelor of Arts in Legal Management (University of Santo Tomas, '09) High School Education (Christian Academy of Manila, '05)